Aviation Security Certification System (ASCS) Workshop
Course Duration: 5 Days
Course Fees: 1000 USD
Price includes Lunch and Coffee breaks
This five day interactive workshop will familiarize participants with the general principles of developing, implementing and maintaining aviation security certification systems, with an emphasis given to screener certification, AVSEC instructor certification and national inspector certification.
The workshop will expose participants to guidance material incorporated in the Aviation Security Manual (Doc 8973 – Restricted) and provide an opportunity to develop sample programs that can be used as the foundation for developing specific State certification systems and/or be incorporated into existing ones. This workshop is designed for personnel responsible for the development, implementation and/or oversight AVSEC certification systems.
- Describe the requirements and benefits of certifying key aviation security personnel with an aviation security system;
- Identify the difference between training and certification;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of criteria for a certification system, as well as the guidance material on certification provided in the ICAO Aviation Security Manual (Doc 8973 – Restricted);
- Establish the recruitment, selection and training criteria for personnel that may be certified;
- Identify the regulatory requirements outlined at the national level related to the certification and recertification process; and
- Establish the criteria for a national certification system.
All AVSEC Courses