Basic Food Safety
Level: Initial - Duration: 18 Hrs.
- Food Handlers
- Food quality controller
Evaluation Means: Written Exam
To improve the food handlers' proficiency concerning safe preparation and handling of food. The course introduces important information about food-borne illness, receiving and storing food, preparing food, serving food, cleaning and sanitizing. It delivers introductory educational workshops to help workers implementing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems.
Module (1):Introduction To Food Safety
- Food Safety training importance
- What is foodsafety?
- Why we Study Food Safety?
- The Cause of Food Contamination
- How to prevent Physical Contamination?
- How to prevent Chemical Contamination?
- How to prevent Allergen Contamination?
- How to prevent Biological Contamination?
- Six conditions in which micro-organisms need to grow
- Temperature Dangerous Zone T.D.Z
- Potentially Hazardous Foods
- Food safety management requirements
Module (2): Good Personal Hygiene
- Importance of good personal hygiene
- Communicable diseases
- Factors That Affect Hygiene Practices
- Before you get to work
- Before starting the work
- How to wash hands
- When youshould wash hands?
- Why You should wear hair nets?
- Employee habits and responsibilities
Module (3): Good Handling Practices
- Refrigerated storage
- Freezer storage
- Dry storage
- Preparation & Food Handling
- How to Prevent Cross Contamination
- Hot Holding
- Cold Holding
- Checklists & Procedures
All FoodSafety Courses