Food Safety Recurrent
Level: Recurrent - Duration: 6 Hrs.
- Food Handlers
- Quality and Safety Specialists
- Quality and Safety Auditors
Prerequisites: Basic Food Safety - Details
Evaluation Means: Workshop Activities
By the end of this Course participants will be able to :
- Define the terms food safety, food poisoning, foodborne illness, contamination, and hazard
- State common causes of biological, physical chemical and allergies contamination and their effect on health.
- State the factors that influence the multiplication of food poisoning bacteria.
- Name some common food poisoning bacteria and their likely sources.
- Explain the use of a documented food safety management system.
- Understand the reasons for the separation of raw and ready-to-eat foods in storage.
- Explain the importance of correct handling, preparation, cooling and processing of food.
- Understand the role of cleaning and sanitizing in preventing food contamination.
Module 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Legislation and Legal Requirements
- The Updates of Food Safety Requirements
Module 2: Food Hazards
- Microbiological Hazards
- Chemical Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Allergies Hazards
Module 3: Good Handling Practices
- Storage(Dry, Chilling and freezing)
- Vegetables and Fruits Sanitizing Cooking
- Rabid Cooling
- Meals Assembly
Module 4: Cleaning and Sanitation
- The Concept of Cleaning
- Sanitizing Procedure
- Personal Hygien
All FoodSafety Courses