Travel and Tourism Consultant
Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, develop specialized knowledge of travel products and gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues. Improve your sales skills to successfully turn prospect and existing customers into returning customers and learn how to understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
Course format :
This distance learning course is available in Printed or e-Textbook format.
- This course requires approximately 160 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Online access is required to read and/or download study materials.
- You need an Internet connection and Google Chrome™ browser to access your User Account.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn ?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and provide advice on popular destination countries
- Advise on modes of transportation, accommodation, and tour products
- Apply IATA resolutions to your travel business and activities
- Prospect new and existing customers and counter sales objections
- Construct complex itineraries and manage changes to ticketed journeys
Key topics :
- Selling techniques and social media marketing
- Fare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Niche products including tour customization, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation products other than hotels
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Foundation in Travel and Tourism graduates
- Retail, home-based and niche travel consultants
- Reservations, marketing and sales personnel
Exam information :
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2