Foundation in Travel and Tourism with Amadeus
Acquire essential knowledge and skills to work in the travel and tourism industry and become an effective travel professional. Provide advice on flight, accommodation and tour products, and how to ensure travelers fulfill necessary travel requirements. Improve your customer service and sales skills in order to better advise travel customers about when and where to travel based on their needs. Learn to use a global distribution system to create and manage reservations.
Course format :
This distance learning course is available in Printed or e-Textbook format.
- This course requires approximately 200 hours of study, to be completed in 18 months.
- Access the online modules and other study materials is through your IATA User Account.
- You need an Internet connection and Google Chrome™ browser.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn ?
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Advise customers on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance options
- Promote services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Interpret standard industry codes to plan and reserve travel itineraries
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products
- Provide good customer service and retain customer loyalty
- Use the Global Distribution System to make and maintain reservations and issue travel documents
Key topics :
- The travel and tourism industry and the working environment for travel professionals
- Geography and industry codes
- Travel documents and the airline passenger experience
- Air transport products and services
- Rail, hotel, car rental, cruise and tour products
- Customer service principles
- Airfares and ticketing
- The Amadeus system functionality
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents
- Airline reservation agents
- Tour operators
- Call center agents
Exam information :
- Exam Delivery Method: Supervised exam in IATA Exam location. Physical Attendance is required. Depending on exam venue availability online exams are available.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book, Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2